Friday, November 5, 2010

AT THE AIRPORT

I am sitting at the Nairobi airport with my wife Wendy.  We are about to get on a plane for Bujumbura, Burundi and then onward by vehicle to DR Congo.  I will be preaching in Bujumbura later today near where we soon hope to see a church started.  To the best of my knowledge I do not know of an Independent Baptist Church in the whole country of Burundi. I am pretty sure that there is not a missionary living in Burundi as I have checked with all the boards and searched high and low but nothing.  We have begun training a man, even bringing him to Kenya for some intense training.  Burundi has a tragic history and we are very excited about possibly opening it up to gospel preaching churches.
 
This will be the first time Wendy has had the opportunity to accompany me to Burundi/Congo.  It is good for the people to meet my wife and also for her to see what is taking her husband away from home so much.  She is a bit nervous leaving the kids behind in Kenya but they are in the capable hands of Pastor Oloo's wife, Carol. 
 
Pastor Mike Njoroge and Pastor Justus Oloo have been in Congo this past month and it will be good to see them and work with them in strengthening the church in Uvira, Congo. 
 
Please pray for us as we travel, preach, testify, witness and serve in some of the most destitute regions of the world.  Also pray for the children while we are away.
 
Wendy
 

1 comment:

  1. Our dear Mickeys, God bless you more for all what you do for the honor and glory of His precious holy name.

    Dear Sis. Wendy, God touches, and works in my heart so much through your testimony. My prayers for you, for your kids. They will be fine, I am pretty sure. The Lord promises us to take care of us as we take care of His businesses.
    You are such a great, and brave woman! Such and inspiration for my journey with our Lord.

    In Jesus Christ's love,
    Sis. Lolita.

    ReplyDelete